Monday 4 April 2011

John Grant at Shepherd's Bush Empire

Anne is more a fan of his 'Queen of Denmark' lp than I am. I have tried valiantly to enjoy the albums of Rufus Wainwright as friends tell me how much I am missing out but without success. I much prefer Martha myself.
But there was something a bit more robust about John Grant's album. I had figured we would travel over to Edinburgh to see him play but as that date fell on the day we set off for London it wasn't going to happen. But lo and behold was he not finishing his short British tour with a gig at Shepherd's Bush on the last night of our sojourn. Here then is a small King's ransom Mr Ticketmaster in return for two balcony seats for Mr Grant.
Review to follow.  I just put this up to distract attention from my previous post which nakedly asserts that I played Funkytown, Uptown Girl and Love really hurts without you. A frail attempt at winning back some ground, however small, in the credibility stakes.
And to further evidence my desperation to claw my way back to hipsterdom I can report that I have also purchased tickets to see Anna Calvi and Admiral Fallow.  Please say you'll still respect me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment