Wednesday 1 July 2009

Pixies coming to Glasgow



There aren't many old skool bands still on my wish list of gigs to attend. I thought briefly about both Neil Young and Springsteen but the price, Neil's reputation and The Boss being passed his best live meant I gave them both a miss. Assuming I could have got tickets in the first place. Also Springsteen was an outdoor gig at Hampden, in Glasgow, in July! Noah would be busy.



Pixies are different though. When they returned to the live scene a few years back they seemed to only play the big festivals. I assume because it meant they got big bucks for not having to spend that long together.
Anyway, just announced, the band are touring in October, playing indoor venues and dusting off the songsheets for Doolitle. And they are coming to Glasgow.
SECC, not ideal but better than a field in Kinross.


Tickets on sale first thing Friday morning. I feel like being 17 again and the rush of trying ot get tickets for The Stones and The Who. Back in 1975 I felt it was my last chance to see such legendary bands!!
Wish me luck on Friday when I'll be hunched over the laptop with sweaty palms trying to get these damn tickets.
If I fail you can all join my 'Let's kill a ticket tout for Jesus' campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment