Thursday 29 October 2009

Looking for a happy ending.

Off to the local Odeon multiplex cinemall to catch 'Looking for Eric'.
Us and a further 5 folk. Yep a total of seven paying customers in Kilmarnock to see Ken Loach's
'feelgood fantasy footy' film. Meanwhile 101 others, carrying mega tubs of popcorn headed in to see 'Couples Retreat'.
I had some reservations as Ken Loach and feelgood go together as easily as Dundee United and the quarter finals of the League Cup (thanks Saints!).
I also had to wait patiently at the end as the other five folk filed out as I was convinced that beyond the credits a film postscript would see Cantona shooting up in grisly Greenock, as Ken had the last laugh.
No such joy. I bet he is keeping that for the director's cut.
Good film, please go and see it so our Ken starts to make some more happy films. I need to do something with my evenings as I won't be watching United in the quarter finals any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment